ACT can assist and advise you on several financial and tax related topics in that come by The Netherlands. The main ones are:
Dutch citizens and expats are required to pay taxes if money is earned while living in the Netherlands. The Belastingdienst (Dutch tax office) collects taxes through a variety of streams. The most important taxes to know how to deal with are:
- Income tax and annual return
- Payroll tax in (difference gross and nett salary)
- VAT sales tax
In order to buy a property, it’s possible to take a mortgage. In order to get one, you need to enter into a financial and legal agreement with a Dutch bank or institution. There are certain requirements, rules and an explanation about the process. ACT can:
- Advise and give basic information about mortgages
- Contact an independent advisor or bank
- Join the expat to the appointment
During your working life in The Netherlands every person builds up a state pension (AOW, basispensioen). After that, from the age of 65 this pension is being paid.
Another source of the Dutch pension system are the collective pension schemes, which are connected to a specific industry or company.
As an expat who comes to work in The Netherlands you will possibly be confronted with extra costs, so-called extraterritorial costs. As a result, and to support, the Dutch government launched tax benefits only applicable for expats.
- The employer may grant the expat a free (untaxed) reimbursement for the extraterritorial costs that incurs. The employer may also provide the expat with 30% of the wage, including a tax-free reimbursement,. This facility is known as the 30%-ruling.
ACT can help obtain this benefit by submitting an application.
Besides the expat tax benefits there are also general tax benefits that can be applicable for every citizen in The Netherlands. We can see with you which one you can apply for.
- Health care allowance
- Rent benefit
- Unemployment benefit
- Children’s allowance
- Childcare benefit
We can give all information about the possible insurances in The Netherlands. Below you find just a quick selection of common private insurances.
- Third party/liability
- Legal aid
- Health insurance
- Property and glass
Click here to read more about our other services.