If you (have to) leave The Netherlands, you will face several issues to arrange. Nevertheless, for ACT it doesn’t matter if you are in a rush or it can be well prepared. Below we mention some departure related topics in which we can support you.
If you leave the Netherlands, you may be facing some specific tax issues as well. This may involve tax assessments on your accumulated (tax-deferred) pension capital. Although such tax assessments are only collected in specific cases, it is important to seek guidance in advance.
Normally you need to cancel your rental contract according the existing notice period in the contract. In The Netherlands there are specific rules and legislation about notice periods, the tenant's and the landlord's rights and obligations. ACT can advise and help you to
- Coordinate the cancelation of the contract
- Read contract and understand the written articles
- Deposit return
Selling / renting your property
- Contact real estate agents
- Support with viewings of the property for potential buyers or tenants
- Negotiate the offer
- Discuss the contract
- Advise on a reliable notary and representation on behalf of the expat if needed
Sell your furniture and belongings
- Advise about which channels to use
- Actively sell
- Temporary storage
- Professional cleaning
- Checking the construction
- Governmental organizations
- Utility providers
- Other institutions
Click here to read more about our other services.