Searching for a job means more than just change and translate your CV. There is more up to it. The Dutch have their own customs and values. When you are starting your career at a company in The Netherlands it can be challenging to understand some behavioral issues, which by times are part of the culture.
At ACT we can help you translate your CV from all languages to Dutch. Our specialties are:
Other languages are possible on request.
CV optimization and update
We can help you make your CV “Dutch”. All countries apply different values and rules for writing a CV. In The Netherlands for example it’s common to communicate short and to the point, as well as the CV should be. This and much more details we can help you with.
- Order of items in CV
Career advice and coaching
ACT can advise and coach you through your career in The Netherlands. We can help you:
- Explore your career options
- Find a good balance between work and private life
- Position yourself for future challenges
- Be a LinkedIn professional user
- Change your direction
Searching for vacancies
There are several channels for vacancies. We can help you find your way in them:
- Recruitment agencies
- Online vacancy websites
- Events (international job fair)
Support on interviews
We can help you prepare for the desired result of your job interview. There are some Dutch singularities, which you should need to take into consideration when you have an interview. Some examples.
- Arrive on time; the Dutch are very punctual in arriving on time
- Don’t be offended by the Dutch direct way of speaking. Honesty and plain speaking are key values in Dutch culture, as well in interviews.
- Should you talk about your demands or salary in the first interview?
We can help you check your labour contract (arbeidsovereenkomst). If there is anything unclear or that you doubt about, you can discuss it with us. There are several type of contracts in The Netherlands:
- Through a recruitment agency
- Zero hours
Click here to read more about our other services.